COVID-19 Response at La Jolla Recovery
La Jolla Recovery, an essential healthcare partner, remains open and committed to serving individuals struggling with addiction and mental illness, while keeping the health and safety of our clients, employees, and their families our highest priority. We understand the need to educate clients and employees, implement preventative measures, and to minimize unnecessary panic. In the interest of protecting the health and safety of our clients, staff, and their families, the following has been implemented:
La Jolla Recovery Services & Programs
- All of our facilities are fully operational. We are monitoring for symptoms of Corona Virus (COVID-19) in clients, staff, and visitors.
- We are taking proactive steps to keep our clients and staff safe by actively monitoring and responding to all recommendations made by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) and our local regulatory and health authorities.
- We have educated clients and employees on handwashing and the expectation of compliance with this crucial standard.
- We have increased the frequency of the required cleaning and sanitization of our facilities.
- All potential clients are screened prior to admission to determine personal travel history, potential exposure, potential contact with someone who has traveled to areas of concern, any direct contact with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, and any symptoms of illness.
- All sick clients and/or staff are requested to remain at home or in isolation within their residential facility; telehealth services are provided through computer/phone for clients requiring isolation.
Prevention Implemented (Recommended by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/CDC)
- Practice Social Distancing – no skin to skin contact; stay six feet from other people.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing).
- Seek medical care if you experience severe respiratory disease symptoms.
Procedures and Policies
As information on COVID-19 continues to evolve, La Jolla Recovery is examining its policies and procedures and updating them as necessary. We will remain open and our dedicated staff will continue to provide critical addiction and mental health treatment to those individuals who desperately need it.