The use of clonazepam with drugs like opioid medications has led to terrible side effects such difficulty breathing and even death. Opioid drugs are medications used to treat pain and include medications such as: morphine, codeine, oxycodone, and illegal drugs like heroin. Some opioid medications are also in cough syrup.
Abuse of klonopin causes a short, euphoric "high" trailed by a cloudy, inebriated trance. In order to have a stronger effect, some people smash the clonazepam tablets until making it an inhalable dust. As the medication moderates the focal sensory system, capacities like heart rate and breathing are ease back and can prompt to extreme lethargies or demise.
Klonopin withdrawal symptoms can last for days to weeks. They may begin within hours of the drug leaving your system. Klonopin withdrawal typically includes a variety of uncomfortable symptoms, such as anxiousness and irritation. In some cases, symptoms can include life-threatening seizures. Klonopin is benzodiazepine, or more simply, “benzo”. They are among the most commonly prescribed medications in the country. Roughly 33 million people used them in 2019.
Some people take benzos as directed by their physician, albeit others acquire them illegally or intentionally take them more often, or in larger doses than they are supposed to. Klonopin is intended for short-term use. This is because, after about several weeks, most people develop a physical dependence. When someone is dependent on a drug like Klonopin, it means they will experience withdrawal symptoms if they stop taking it or reduce their dose. The brain of an addict can no longer produce feelings of relaxation without the drug.
It doesn’t actually matter too much which type of Klonopin user you are. That’s because anyone taking benzos for longer than one month, even patients taking them exactly as instructed, may experience withdrawal symptoms.
Among people using benzos for more than half a year, about 40% will experience moderate-to-severe withdrawal symptoms. The other 60% will still have symptoms, but not as acutely.
If you are already aware of the dangers of taking Klonopin and still consume it, if you have unattended interpersonal or work responsabilities, have economic troubles and continuously crave for Klonopin, you may be addicted.
Dependency on Klonopin begins once the abuser creates a toleration to the medication, which indicates that they require bigger dosages to obtain the similar results. A few users then begin taking more than they were endorsed, or utilizing the medication just to get high.
The initial goal of this substance was to aid patients who suffer from epilepsy attacks or seizures. Later, the medication's quick and intense quieting impacts were additionally perceived as a solution to treat freeze assaults.
The symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal are similar to alcohol withdrawal. Issues that may have originally driven you to start taking Klonopin, such as insomnia and anxiety, may come back with a vengeance. It is not possible to predict exactly how Klonopin withdrawal will affect somebody. Even if you’ve gone through it before, your next time could be a different story.
Generally speaking, the severity of your symptoms will depend on the amount of Klonopin you’re currently taking, whether you’re mixing it with alcoholic drinks or other drugs and the length of exposure to the drug.
Klonopin is a long-acting benzodiazepine and its half-life is between 29 to 39 hours, which is why it can take a while for the signs and symptoms of withdrawal to appear. Klonopin withdrawal symptoms can start anywhere from 48 hours to a week after your last dose. Acute symptoms typically continue, on and off, for two to eight weeks.