La Jolla Recovery offers residential and non-residential treatment services to men and women who suffer from
substance use mental health and co-occurring disorders
La Jolla Recovery recognizes that each person has unique individual need
Detoxification/Residential Program Description
Detox is recommended for those who need residential and detoxification services to maintain abstinence from chemical dependency. The detoxification program operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on a residential basis.
Our detox program provides a comprehensive initial screening assessment, which is conducted to determine whether further evaluation or review is needed. We initially screen for alcohol and other drug use, depression, traumatic experiences, anxiety, excessive worries/stress, self-harm, hyperactivity, psychotic symptoms, eating disorders, nutritional health, educational needs, pain, and conduct disorders. Once the initial screen is conducted, a comprehensive assessment is then completed on problem areas identified in the initial screening assessment. All clients will meet the assessment and admission criteria for residential and detoxification treatment for chemical dependency. Our program is a highly effective integrative treatment model focusing on the whole person and the family system.
La Jolla Recovery detox programs guide clients through all stages of treatment and recovery. Our comprehensive continuum of treatment services ensures that clients receive the appropriate level of care based on their specific needs while assisting them in attaining healthy and productive lives free of the negative influences and consequences of substance use and dependence. Our goal is to integrate the client’s individual needs within our varied program structures.
Depending on the type and severity of drugs or alcohol, our detoxification program will typically last from 7 – 10 days. We anticipate our residential program, after the detoxification phase, will last from 30 – 60 days of treatment.
- To provide safe alcohol and drug-free environment to achieve abstinence from alcohol and illicit drugs, reduce symptoms of dependence, and increase functioning.
- To educate clients on the effects of alcohol, illicit drugs, educate them on coping skills, restore significant relationships, provide community resources, and refer to self-help groups.
- Clients will abstain from alcohol and illicit drugs.
- Clients will participate in assessments to assist in the formulation of the individualized treatment plan.
- Clients will actively participate in developing the treatment plan to identify goals and objectives while in treatment correctly.
- Clients will actively engage in individual and group counseling sessions.
While in treatment, La Jolla Recovery clients experience a healthy, supportive, and structured environment where they can embrace sobriety and re-create their lives, halt the process of addiction, improve life skills and reclaim a sense of self-worth. We work with clients, one by one, to enhance their self-awareness and heighten their understanding of what triggers their addiction.
Partial Hospitalization Program Description
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) is appropriate for clients who do not require around-the-clock residential treatment. Partial Hospitalization Program clients do not have active suicidal or homicidal ideations, nor present a danger to self or others. They demonstrate motivation to work toward independence but may need ancillary services such as transportation, assistance with shopping, or help with outside appointments. Partial Hospitalization Program clients may attend and participate in certain social-oriented and recovery-oriented activities as well as required treatment services. PHP clients will participate in case management, individual therapy, group sessions, 12-Step meetings, and recreational activities, at minimum, six (6) days per week, six (6) hours each day. Partial Hospitalization Program services may include, but are not limited to:
- Individualized Treatment Planning and Discharge Planning
- Individual, Group, and Family Counseling
- Substance Abuse Education includes but is not limited to:
- Strategies for relapse prevention
- Management of health issues related to substance abuse
- Motivational interviewing and promotion
- Life-skills training
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Relationship Skills
- Symptom Management
- Non-verbal Therapies and Physical Recreation
- Transportation Services